Thursday 17 November 2011

Viva Las Vegas and no habla espanol

Well I made it back safe from my trip! Didn't get arrested, mugged or sick (well, sick that wasn't related to jagermeister and my debut cigar) so I think it was a success!

The short of it is, I really didn't like LA, Vegas was fun but crass and exhausting, Oaxaca was beautiful, and San Agustinillo on the Oaxacan coast was simply amazing. I'm not in a hurry to go back to urban America (though I'd love to go back and do the western national parks), but I will definitely go back to Mexico. Such a great place with fantastic cuisine, friendly and hospitable people, and some must see sights. And pretty cheap too!

So things have obviously been a bit quiet on the wargaming front. I've got 400 blog posts to catch up on in my Google reader (along with 300 work emails to catch up on during the day) to begin with, and I haven't managed to get near any painting since I've been back. I did have to go down to Wellington for a course on my first day back at work, so I stayed with Garth and in between beers we ordered the beginnings of our terrain table. A work in progress.

In other news, much of my time this week has been spent ordering and putting together the components for a new pc. One of the joys of paid annual leave - you come home flush! I'll post some details when its done, but suffice to say, skyrim will be beautiful!

I'll leave you on an interesting note...I went to the gun store in Vegas and shot an MP40 and an M249 SAW. Good fun! The MP40 was pretty soft, certainly a spray weapon. I shot a pretty tight group with the SAW though so happy with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment