Wednesday 14 September 2011

Mediterranean Bases

Hi,

Just as an addendum to Mike's post below.

This is style I have chosen for the bases my FJ on.
I am wanting to go for a more Mediterranean colour than a pure Italy one. Mostly so I can use them for Crete aswell and at a pinch North Africa (all roughly similar) .
I have tried to go for colours that represent Limestone and Pumice. I have also tried to use Photo's from a family trip to Italy years ago to choose the right tones.

Please excuse the photo quality.

The White stones are meant to be strewn pieces of rubble, but I think I may just paint them as rocks...




I have gone with a base coat of Green Ochre with a good drybrush of Basic Skin tone (both from the Vallejo range).

Please let me know what you think and feel free to share your ideas.

Cheers
Garth

No comments:

Post a Comment